Reporting to the Supervisor, Northwest Operations of the Grande Cache EMS Station, the Paramedic or EMT-A is responsible to work with other personnel providing such services as: public education, special events and industrial standby, vehicle extrication, as well as response to and treatment and transport of the sick and injured. Methods of providing this response and care may include responding and transporting by aircraft, ground ambulance, and other modes of transport as required. In addition, the successful applicant shall participate in further education as required and perform other related duties. This job mandates the successful applicant to work with E.M.T.-Ps, E.M.T.-As, and E.M.R.s as partners in the provision of such services and care.Requirements:Current registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics. Preference will be give to a paramedic or paramedic student.
Possess a current Alberta Class four Drivers License. Possess current CPR certification, ACLS, PALS, and ITLS certifications preferred.
Expertise to: - Work or be on-call various shifts, including weekends;
- Provide assessment and treatment within the Paramedic scope of practice. - Work various shifts including stand-bys and other duties as may be assigned;
- Ensure ambulance vehicles are cleaned and stocked after each call and according to cleaning/inventory schedule; reporting any mechanical or equipment deficiencies;
- Effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Comply with AHS EMS policies and procedures
- Respond quickly and efficiently to emergency calls when scheduled to be on-call;
- Safely accomplish lifts/transfers of patients with appropriate use of equipment
- Drive or attend on long distance inter-hospital transfers;
- Prior to commencement candidates must provide a clear, current Criminal Record check and current driver's abstract.
Additional Info: Driver's License Required
Apply (email removed) or via Fax: (780) 402-8104 All applications must include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources no later than midnight of the closing date. We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. Please submit 1 application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and expertise for the position, since selection is based on info provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS! All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This details is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 5.(3)).
Listing originally posted at http://www.peoplemenders.com/SearchCareers/JobPostingDetails.aspx?id=63351&code=C20